Bryant Plus90t High Efficiency Furnace not working

Old 04-26-16, 01:53 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bryant Plus90t High Efficiency Furnace not working

So, my furnace isn't starting at all. All that happens is the circulator fan comes on and then locks out after 90 seconds and it flashes an error code 32. Some solutions have been performed, with some additional information collected. First, I had a furnace guy look at the system and recommend replacing the low and high valves, so I did and the furnace had no change.

We then realized the condensation pipe was clogged, so we blew it out and cleared it out. The furnace fired up and warmed up the house to the set temp and then turned off. It did this maybe three times. The next time it attempted to start it did the same that it has in the past and gives an error code 32.

Since then the furnace hasn't started at all. Any advice on what to check at this point would be appreciated. My furnace guy thinks there may be a clog somewhere.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Old 04-26-16, 02:03 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

A code 32 is a pressure switch issue. Nothing to do with the gas valves.

32 LOW PRESSURE SWITCH FAULT - Indicates low pressure switch is closed at call, or fails to close after call, or opens during operation.
Check for: - Plugged condensate drain.
- Water in vent piping, possibly sagging pipe.
- Improper pressure switch wiring or pressure switch tubing connections.
- Failed or "Out-of-Calibration" pressure switches.

Usually it's a failure to close due to lack of vacuum. Have you checked the small rubber line that connects the pressure switch to the draft inducer ?

There is a small opening in the inducer connection port that can easily become plugged. You'd need a pin, paper clip or even better a small drill bit to clean it out.

Name:  DI nipple.jpg
Views: 2841
Size:  4.8 KB

Old 04-26-16, 02:16 PM
C
PJ thanks for the reply, that's what I meant to say, pressure switches not valves, the switches are brand new, and openings were cleared by my furnace guy when he installed the new switches.

Old 04-26-16, 03:15 PM
S
Can u post the model number on the furnace?

Old 04-26-16, 03:18 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
In that case you have a condensate line issue.

A "furnace guy" should be carrying a manometer with him for the specific purpose of measuring the vacuum on the pressure switches. I have yet to change a pressure switch as they are extremely reliable.

Old 04-26-16, 03:54 PM
C
Skagsje I'll post model number when I get home. PJ I've emptied the condensate box and the line that runs from the box to my sump pump, where else do I need to clean? Thanks!

Old 04-26-16, 06:07 PM
C
Model number is 352AAV036080

Old 04-27-16, 06:11 AM
C
So, I double checked and made sure all rubber lines are clear, even removed the thicker rubber line that runs from the condensation box to the furnace and made sure that was clear. My furnace guy isn't experienced with Bryant, he did check the pressure switches and they came back fine but it's a 10 year old furnace, and with everything else checking out fine he thought maybe the switches are failing still. Any more advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Old 05-01-16, 04:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
>

>

Describe what you mean by a "condensation pipe" and "condensation box". These aren't standard names for parts, which is fine but you need to describe them so we know what you are referring to.

I'm supposing that you found the tube that empties condensate out of the furnace to be full of water, and you emptied it.

If that's the case, that's fine, but you need to identify what is preventing the condensate from draining out of the furnace and correct that problem.

There is a black plastic part in the condensate drain system which can get plugged with algae and debris. That could be what is preventing the condensate from draining. If it is, you can take that out by loosening the clamps and screws that hold it in place and clean it out with running water.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: