Goodman GMP 100-4 4 blinking light

Old 10-24-16, 05:16 AM
B
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Goodman GMP 100-4 4 blinking light

As the heading says I bought a used Goodman GMP 100-4 and the red light on the board blinks 4 times. As soon as power is turned on tho the Furnace I hear a click and a few seconds later the blower motor and inducer run even with the thermostat disconnected. I have checked the inducer switch and have continuity, and also tried jumping it. I checked the nipple on the inducer and it is clear, the hose is not kinked. The vacuum pot does open and close when vacuum is applied. the fuse on the board is good. I did not see a reset button any where. Also there is a multi connection plug laying in the bottom of the Furnace and I have no idea what it is for. See photo I just happen to think I have not checked the igniter. It will do the same with the thermostat connect or out of circuit.
I checked everything I could, the igniter is good I jumped all the little round sensors, and traced all the wiring. All I found is a round sensor in the back of the blower cage. Tracing the wires one wire goes back to the limiter and the other wire goes back to the multi connection plug that is laying loose. an anyone tell what the plug goes to, am I missing a board?
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s276.photobucket.com/user/oakdust/embed/slideshow/Furnace"></iframe>

Old 10-24-16, 06:06 AM
S
Look on the back of the cover on the blower section for the trouble codes, let us know.

Old 10-24-16, 07:09 AM
B
the 4 blink say's open limiter,,but it has continuity, and I jumped it made no difference. Any idea what the plug laying in the bottom is for,,is it for AC or is a board missing?
Thanks

Old 10-24-16, 09:31 AM
R
Received 199 Upvotes on 181 Posts
Before you go any further, pull the blower or heat exchanger and check for cracks or popped rings, which those furnaces were famous for. If you find something then you need a new furnace

Old 10-24-16, 09:47 AM
B
It's alive!!!! found that the big plug went to board. Plugged it in,,problem solved.
Thanks all

Old 10-24-16, 09:53 AM
R
Received 199 Upvotes on 181 Posts
Please make sure the heat exchanger is intact as I mentioned previously. They can otherwise be a CO risk.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: