Intermittent Aux and Emergency Heat

Old 12-14-16, 10:27 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Intermittent Aux and Emergency Heat

Hello

System: Heil 9UHX gas furnace, outdoor heat pump connected to Honeywell HZ432 zone board.

Issue: Having issue with both AUX and Emergency heat. Due to outside temp, the heat pump is locked out and normally AUX runs. AUX comes on and runs for about 1-2 minutes, then system shuts down. When the time cycle ends, the process starts again. I tested the system by manually setting to emergency heat, same issue. What would cause the system to keep shutting down and starting cycle over.

Thanks JR

Old 12-14-16, 11:06 AM
S
Are you getting flashing code on the control board?

Old 12-14-16, 11:24 AM
G
Hello,

thank you for the reply. The (heartbeat) green light is just flashing on and off steady. I believe that means okya, or normal?

JR

Old 12-14-16, 11:44 AM
S
If your not getting a trouble code then the zone control might be malfunctioning. Do you have a voltmeter?

Old 12-14-16, 12:01 PM
G
Hello,

Yes, I do have a volt meter. Thank you

Old 12-14-16, 01:58 PM
G
Hello,

I am getting 26 volts to zone board.

Strange issue. I have three zones on this board, and have two off right now. Zone 1 just kicked on, and thermostat showed 68 in the room and 68 to keep room temp, so not sure why it went into heat mode. Then it show heat on the screen, and not AUX heat, so it should be using the heat pump, but furnace was using natural gas? Both thermostat and zone board showed heat one meaning heat pump and not AUX. Normally when furnace uses the natural gas, thermostat shows AUX and zone board shows heat 2?

Thanks Jr

Old 12-14-16, 02:01 PM
G
Forgot one thing. When system shuts down, all zones go green for a few minutes, then zone 2 goes red, usually meaning call for heat. I have that thermostat off. So zone board shows zone 2 red (on), but nothing in the system is ramped up, all at idle.

JR

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: