zone valves

Old 01-23-19, 06:37 PM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zone valves

Hello All,
I have a zone on my boiler that is not getting heat. So I have been getting information on how boilers work. I can not find any zone valves on my boiler. All I have are relays that are mounted to the boiler that are wired to the circulation pumps. I don't think this is too common because everything I've watched or read refers to zone values turning on the circulation pump and heat.
Thanks
Joe

Old 01-23-19, 06:51 PM
S
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts
J,
It is very common. To control your zones you either have individual pumps or zone valves.

If it's only one zone check your pump or could be air bound or stat not working.

Need more info and pics if possible.

Old 01-23-19, 06:56 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,161 Likes on 2,840 Posts
Pics are very helpful....... How-to-insert-pictures

Old 01-23-19, 08:51 PM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What pics would help.

My thermostat works it is energizing the relay. I guess I could check to see if 120 volts is getting to the circulator motor. If I get 120 volts and the motor is not coming on I guess I could replace the whole thing or cartridge. I get flame and fan comes on but no heat to the base board heaters.

Thanks for responding.

~Joe

Old 01-24-19, 02:11 PM
S
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts
If you are just using your boiler for heat and not hot water on a call for heat your boiler and pump should come on. Run only that 1 zone and see if that's the case.

If not your boiler may be up to temp because the pump is not running. With the stat on check your supply and return line for temp. If cold, possibly pump or defective flocheck valve on supply line.

Turn on another zone to make sure burner comes on and pump. This will eliminate boiler problem.

Pics of pump and relay and flocheck of zone not working would be helpful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: