York P3HU blowing cold air

Old 02-22-19, 08:21 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
York P3HU blowing cold air

Hello,

My furnace is blowing cold air. It is 20 years old and is located in the attic. The fault code 7 flash, as explained in the trouble shooting manual says that a "flame could not be established. This no-light condition occurred 3 times during the call for heat before locking out. This may be cause by low gas pressure, faulty gas valve, faulty hot surface ignitor or burner problem." Where do I start? Your input is greatly appreciated.

Old 02-22-19, 12:41 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Reset the furnace by turning off the power then turning it back on. Have someone set the thermostat to call for heat while you watch in the area of the burners. If you see a glow, the ignitor is OK.
If the flame lights then goes out right away, the problem is likely the flame sensor. Remove & clean with Scotch Brite pad or CLEAN steel wool, reinstall & try again.

Old 02-22-19, 02:06 PM
H
Thank you so much! Yes, I actually shut it off and say the furnace ignite with air going through the burners. It then shut off and tried 3 times and then stopped. Going to do what you suggested!

Old 02-22-19, 02:39 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
When it did ignite.... how long did it run before it shut off ?

Old 02-26-19, 06:25 AM
H
It ran for a minute and then stopped. I ordered a new sensor and igniter. Waiting for shipment.

Old 02-26-19, 08:22 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Unfortunately.... If it lights it won't be the igniter. If it runs that long it will not be the flame sensor.
It could be a dirty burner or gas orifice as the flame sensor rod must be kept completely engulfed in the flame.

There are several variations of that series furnace. Post the full model number. It's found inside on the side wall near the burner.

Old 02-28-19, 09:57 PM
H
I installed the new sensor and I have heat! Missed my heater, even in California. Thanks you all for the responses.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: