Rerouting B Vent. Need Inspector?

Old 06-26-19, 10:56 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Rerouting B Vent. Need Inspector?

Hey Everyone
To make long story short, I'm renovating our kitchen and the existing B vent that serves my furnace and water heater go through a wall that we are ripping out. So now I need to reroute.

I've gone through the code and I believe I'm doing everything within code. My question is do I need to get some sort of inspector to come check out my work when I'm done?

Another question, I'm planning on using this:

DuraVent, Inc. : Type B Gas Vent

I will be using the 5" oval vent and venting it up through a studded wall. My clearances will be reduced to 3/16" inside the studded wall. However, this is taken straight out of their install manual: "In most cases, a one-inch minimum clearance must be maintained to combustibles. The only exceptions are 4-inch, 5-inch and 6-inch Oval B-vent which are installed within stud walls. Oval B-vent and BW Vent are the subject of a separate section of these instructions For Oval B-vent,, the clearances are established by the listed Firestop Spacers described in the instructions for Oval B-Vent." I want to install this right and this is telling me I'm fine to have the reduced clearance in the studded wall, but why am I still bothered by this?

Any input at all would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: