Furnace full of water

Old 09-11-19, 04:06 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Furnace full of water

I own a mobile home with a Miller Nordyne model CMF65-PO oil furnace which I fuel with kerosene. It DOES NOT have an AC coil. Iíve owned the home through two heating seasons. I serviced the furnace several times since Iíve owned the home. Iíve never before noticed any water coming out if the burner section of the furnace. When I went to service the furnace for the upcoming heating season I noticed rusty water coming out of the burner combustion section. I removed the Beckett burner to tune it up and I opened the fire box to clean it out. The combustion chamber was full of water up to the burner blast tube. I sucked the water out and removed the combustion chamber which was saturated with water. I found water in the steel hot side of the furnace where the combustion chamber goes. What could be causing this? It seems like way too much water for condensation although I did find the combustion gas exit ports in the back of the furnace to be pretty clogged with rust and debris. Could it be rain water entering through the exhaust stack. I checked the exhaust stack cap on the roof of the mobile home and it appears to be in good shape with no rust or holes on top of the cap.? Any thoughts on the cause?? Thanks. Ken

Last edited by ken testa; 09-11-19 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Adding that there is not an AC coil in the furnace
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-19, 04:29 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,118 Votes on 1,038 Posts
Is there an A/C coil in that furnace ?
If not..... the water would have to be coming in from the flue.

Miller CMF series