Suggestion on carport cover

Old 10-08-18, 09:56 AM
Received 62 Upvotes on 53 Posts
Suggestion on carport cover

I have Costco 20x10 carport frame. What was its cover elements took care of in couple years.
I plan on re assembling it but need suggestion for quality cover I can put on it - at reasonable price, of course, and DIY manageable.
I get WINDS. And SUN. I;d rather not have it fully transparent, maybe opaque... Garden tractor and, likely, quail coop will go inside.
I could use large tarp but it's unsightly and we will have clear view at it. I am, basically, butting it against shed double swing door, sort of like extension. It needs to look presentable and last few good years.
Ideas?

Old 10-08-18, 01:08 PM
10x17 portable garage by Harbor Freight

I guess, that pretty much covers it. No, metal carports are too expensive and cover only roof. I need full enclosure.

Old 10-08-18, 03:43 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
I think you buy another cover or get a whole new carport. The covers are a disposable wear item so get in the habit of replacing it as needed. Or, bite the bullet and build something permenant or pay for a cover that will last. Keep in mind that a quality canvas can easily cost more than you paid for the entire carport kit.

Old 10-08-18, 04:56 PM
Entire 20x10 cover is about twice as much as the new carport. I hate for good tube frame to lay wasting. With winds that I get, regular covers will last only maybe 2 years.
I'll come up with solution. It's no big deal to anchor frame to concrete blocks that I already have anyway. Run some 2x2s to enforce sides and create additional framing. Should stiffen it enough to hold any wind gusts. Well, we can get 50 mph at the worst. Then figure some roofing material.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: