New Shed Insulation Questions

Old 10-24-18, 02:25 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New Shed Insulation Questions

I just received my new 12x26 shed and the exterior I believe is T111 but on the inside it looks like some kind of shiny coating.

So I have read about insulating out door walls and there seems to be two thoughts. One is the regular bat insulation and the other is no bats then putting vapor barrier over the insulation.

I also want to insulate the roof and then sheet rock everything.

Will someone please let me know which is better for shed walls that will have the garage door open from time to time and there will be heat/ac there but it will not be on all the time? I will only use heat/ac when I am going to be in there for any amount of time.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Attached Images  
Old 12-28-18, 10:29 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I would do no less than R-19 in the walls and R-30 for the ceiling. Rolled for the walls and bat for the ceiling. For heat, you could use a standard type oil bath radiator type heater. Your air would be a window type of at least 7k BTU's. The shinny area you describe is probably foam board used for insulation. Check with your manufacturer. Do your wiring for electrical prior to insulating. Suggest small electrical box for your circuits.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: