Anyone have any recommendations on these screw extractor/...

Old 06-23-23, 03:19 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Anyone have any recommendations on these screw extractor/...

Anyone have any recommendations on these screw extractor/left hand drill bit sets?

I've already got a set I've broken the smallest bits of so I'm getting more. Don't need the larger sets which seem to have better reviews since I'm not working in anything that large atm. All I can tell that seems to be important is that they're made of "HSS" then there are some with some titanium coating which not sure if that makes much difference and that it's really how you use these carefully. These are the one's I'm considering.

​​​

Last edited by XSleeper; 06-23-23 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Bad links
Old 06-23-23, 03:21 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,924 Upvotes on 1,728 Posts
I removed your links because neither of them work.

Old 06-24-23, 04:32 AM
B
Received 304 Upvotes on 269 Posts
Since most threaded hardware tightens when turned clockwise (when facing), I would select an extractor drill designed to rotate counter clockwise (ccw) when drilling, same as extractor bit since ccw rotation loosens the stuck item.

Old 06-24-23, 01:46 PM
J
So it's coming down to these two sets:

HSS 4341 w/ titanium steel finish

And this one:

HSS 6542 hardness=68-70 HRC​​

And I think I'm gonna take the gold ones. After a little research it seems to me this set would be the more durable one. $23 is a decent price too

Old 06-24-23, 02:57 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 119 Upvotes on 103 Posts
maybe the picture is not accurate but the gold ones don't seem to be reverse extractors so im not sure how they would even work at all if that was the case would drive the screw in but would release it when trying to remove.
really have no experience with smaller extractors the larger versions do work and so do reverse drill bits in many cases but with much smaller diameter it would be very easy to break them.

Old 06-24-23, 03:57 PM
J
Good eye! That's gotta be some sort of graphico cuz the lettering isn't mirrored. Weird. What would be weirder would be if that's how they're made and delivered. That would be pointless.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: