Electric Stair Lifts

Old 01-04-20, 01:10 AM
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Electric Stair Lifts

I find it harder to climb the stairs in my 2 story house and I was thinking about these electric stair lifts I see advertising on TV.

Does anyone has experience with these stair lifts?

Old 01-04-20, 04:25 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
Just that you usually contact a home health care business to purchase and install them. They require service after the sale, since most have a battery backup.

Old 01-04-20, 05:04 AM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
My wife and I will seriously consider one when we get to the point that climbing is getting to be a problem. But what are the typical "service" required? Most companies offer a one year service with their warranty. For all intents and purposes is not much different that a garage door opener. And they don't need much maintenance.

Old 01-04-20, 05:05 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
I had them priced for my home. Brand that is advertised on TV and they were 3500$ per each set of steps. Did not matter how many steps just a straight run. Each landing cost more. I think they said full service but I don't remember how long.

Old 01-04-20, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
Curious to know what a set of steps is.
Is that a continuous run?

We are not quite there yet but have a spark of an idea that I may look into becoming a dealer/installer for these as a retirement job.
As said they are fairly simple but have critical components that keep riders safe.

Old 01-04-20, 07:46 AM
Thank you guys, just got a feel about them but the cost? didn’t think they will be so expensive. That’s taking advantage like the hearing aids.

Old 01-04-20, 11:56 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Yes..... they are expensive. Many insurance companies will cover them or partially with a doctors script as they are potentially life (and fall) saving.

They are easy to install but not a typical DIY job. I have installed several and moved others. I have two sets in my parents house that will be coming out. They require very little service. The models I've worked on and highly recommend are the Bruno SRE-3000 series. They use two lead acid batteries beneath the chair. They require a receptacle near the track as charge power is sent to the chair via slide contacts on the rail. The chair basically runs on 24vDC battery power. They have an up/down control on the chair as well as wireless remotes for the top and bottom.

Old 01-04-20, 12:17 PM
PJmax that's quite more informative, thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: