Maintenance schedule for HVAC system

Old 07-03-16, 08:07 AM
T
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Maintenance schedule for HVAC system

So after forking out a small fortune for a new RUUD heat pump, I want to do my part to maintain it for as long as possible. I know regularly scheduled filter changes and cleaning the outside unit is important. What I'm hoping to gain from this thread is a list of things I can do and how often I should consider or at least check on certain items, like said filter. I read somewhere on here that I could install a Dwyer Magnehelic pressure gauge to know when my filter is needing to be changed vs just changing it, but they aren't cheap and I'm not convinced thats really going to help longevity if I have a regular filter change interval as well. I can handle DIY stuff and don't mind digging in so if you have any suggestions, post them up please!

Thanks for the feedback.

Old 07-03-16, 10:25 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
Install a new filter. Check it in one month. If it's extremely dirty.... replace it and check it again at a sooner interval. If it's clean.... check it in two months.

The air filter won't get dirty just being installed. The more air moving thru it the faster it will get dirty so that you schedule your filter replacement based on system usage.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: