Carrier infinity heat pump settings

Old 09-29-18, 06:37 AM
Z
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Carrier infinity heat pump settings

Hello,

Does anyone know anything about the comfort vs. Efficiency setting in the advanced menu? Does comfort imply “temperature” comfort or “noise” comfort?

Will the efficiency setting lead to lower bills for a heat pump setup with electrical resistance backup?

I find the effficiency setting leads to a louder, higher rpm setting, but not sure what’s going on with the electric backup energy levels? Not sure about cycle times either on comfort vs. Efficiency. The manual has a lame one-line description of the differences.

Any other tips to save the most $$$$? Canadian climate.

Set back temps at night? Leave temps constant all day? Fan setting? Auto? Low? Med?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-18, 08:01 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,118 Votes on 1,038 Posts
Can't help you much with that system. My forum partner, Houston, should be able to.

I can tell you that it is much more efficient to let a heat pump run and not use night setback.
A typical heat pump thermostat monitors the room air temperature and if it drops more than 3 degrees below the setpoint.... it brings on the electric heat coils. Once that gap closes.... the electric shuts back off. It's that use of the coils where you lose efficiency.