Electrical junction box

Old 04-04-24, 10:52 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2024
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Electrical junction box

I have an old small junction box that has 2 wires capped off because it has an old heater in it. A HUD inspector told me if the bathroom heater doesn't work that I had to get it professionally taken out before he could inspect it again. I capped the 2 wires and removed the old heater. My question is what now? Do I just buy a cover for the junction box? What kind? Where? Pan inside is 14x9x4 outside is 11x16x4 1/2.

Old 04-04-24, 01:48 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Jersey
Posts: 65,440
Received 4,051 Upvotes on 3,634 Posts
It appears your inspector wants the housing removed and the opening filled in.
You can run that power wiring into an electrical junction box with a blank cover.

The box you use is based on the type of cable there.
A metal nail-on box will work with all cable types.
Old 04-04-24, 03:41 PM
Tolyn Ironhand's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 14,398
Received 893 Upvotes on 754 Posts
If a new heater is not going to be installed you can disconnect the wires at the panel and remove them. Any wiring inside a wall can be abandoned in place as long they can't be easily reconnected.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: