Sony wireless headphone set-up to a TV

Old 03-05-16, 08:05 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sony wireless headphone set-up to a TV

I recently set-up wireless head phones to my newer Sharp Television model(LC-50LB261U) I have sound from both the TV and Head phones but the sound is out of sync, Like an echo from the TV. Seems like the sound from the TV is slightly delayed. I cannot find anything on the TV sound menu that might rectify the problem. Any help provided will be appreciated if you can. Thanks

Old 03-05-16, 09:43 AM
Group Moderator
Received 4,094 Upvotes on 3,677 Posts
Where did you plug into to get the sound for your headphones ?
When dealing with digital TV signals there are delays and they are not adjustable.

Old 03-06-16, 01:09 PM
J
Sony Wireless Head phone Set-Up

I plugged it to the Audio port on the TV and Plugged the red & white terminals in to the head phone stand as described in "A" on the attachment I've included here. When I tried the "B" connection first I got sound from the head phones but no sound from the TV. (The headphones knocked out the TV sound.)

Attached Images  
Old 03-06-16, 04:49 PM
Z
Received 133 Upvotes on 124 Posts
hi Jawbreaker –

If you look at page 52 of your manual (link below) playing with those settings on the right side of the page under “Speaker” will determine when the TV speakers are muted.

http://www.sharpusa.com/~/media/F6BC...9AF12C1F1.ashx

I don’t have wireless headphones but apparently the problem you are having is not that uncommon. This article may help a little. It suggests some alternative connection possibilities.

https://sennheiserusa.happyfox.com/k...-speaker-sound

Old 03-06-16, 04:55 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,094 Upvotes on 3,677 Posts
Sharp TV owners manual... sharp usa/media/owners manual.ashx

You can only connect audio to the AUDIO OUT/HEADPHONE jack which disconnects the internal TV speakers based on speaker settings.

Zoesdad has listed the speaker settings that should help you.

Last edited by PJmax; 03-07-16 at 08:30 AM. Reason: removed incorrect information
Old 03-07-16, 07:55 AM
Z
Received 133 Upvotes on 124 Posts
OK guys I’m confused. Doesn’t this say that a change from “Auto” to “On” will eliminate muting of the TV speakers when you use headphones? Or are TV speakers below something different from internal speakers?

. Speaker

—Selects where to play TV audio. When
you connect headphones to your TV, audio plays
through both the headphones and the TV
speakers. You can select:

Auto (default setting)—Automatically turns
off the TV speakers when you connect a
device to the /AUDIO OUT jack. When the
device is disconnected, the TV speakers turn
on automatically.

On—Always plays the audio through the TV
speakers. If a device is connected to the /AUDIO OUT
jack, the audio is played through both the TV speakers and the
device.

Off —Turns off the TV speakers and plays the
audio only through the device connected to the
/AUDIO OUT jack. If you disconnect
the device, the TV speakers remain turned OFF.

Old 03-07-16, 01:31 PM
J
Thank you all for your advice I really appreciate it and I have tried every suggestion including the one that said to try and adjust the latency between the TV and head phones which I could not find a way to do that, that worked in the TV manual.
I still get the echo sound which has the TV sound a mila second or two ahead of the sound out of the head phones. My conclusion: The head phones are going back.
Thanks again. If you have any last minutes suggestions let me know. I may try and reset the sound to the factory settings. Even that is difficult because when I try and reset via the instructions, I get, "this will reset to the factory settings OK" ? I click OK and it repeats this again(when I try and reset via the instructions I get, this will reset to the factory settings OK ? ) that happened 4 times.
Again thank you very much.

moderators note - Send Jawbreaker a PM.

Last edited by PJmax; 03-07-16 at 05:54 PM. Reason: removed email address
Old 03-08-16, 05:58 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts

My Two Cents.

TV headphones work best when connected into the signal receiver. (Cable Box) Not the TV sound output jacks. If you have a cable box as the signal receiver, plug the wireless headphone device into the cable box's sound output RCA jacks. This type of connection is direct. TV can be turned off and sound still comes through the wireless head phones. TV can be on and volume set to it's lowest on the TV while headphone volume adjusted on the head set...

Edited In Note:
If you have a DVD player connected to the TV and want to hear the movie and not the TV you'll need to remove the head phones RCV jacks from the cable box and plug them into the DVD player. Not the cable box or TV. This method allows the >sound< (Audio) from the DVD to be heard on the head phones while the video (movie) from the DVD to be seen on the TV.

Basic concept. Think audio output.

Headphones RCA jacks (2) need to be plugged into audio device in use and not the TV.

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 03-08-16 at 06:28 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: