DVD player reads "Cannot Read Disc"

Old 09-11-16, 07:27 AM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
DVD player reads "Cannot Read Disc"

So I gotten this message in my living room DVD player on a couple of occasions.
I am able to view many other discs with no problem. When I insert that same disc into my computer it fires right up with no problem. This has only happened recently. I have made sure it was seated properly and cleaned it etc. Is the DVD player slowly dying?
Any ideas or suggestions?
thx

Old 09-11-16, 11:40 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Is it a manufactured disk, or a copied disk? We have to "finalize" all DVD's and CDR's we use at church, since the re-writable feature will prevent it from playing on other units. All our recording equipment has a "finalize" button to close out the disk and make it non-re-writable.

Old 09-12-16, 06:46 AM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Yes a Manufactured Disc!

Its a Library disc. After viewing it on my laptop, there were a few spots that were not readable/froze spots that needed to skip over. I have seen worse scratches.
I believe this may have been enough of a reason to make it non readable? not sure just an educated guess.
thanks

Old 10-04-16, 01:16 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I have to assume it might have been burned incorrectly. If you can still make a copy of the DVD, make sure it's closed/"finalized" after the burn is done so you can't keep adding information to it, since a lot of DVD-RWs won't read right in DVD players if they're still expecting more data, if that makes sense.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: