AVR Receiver with Duplicate Assignable Inputs

Old 05-22-19, 10:01 AM
M
Received 27 Upvotes on 21 Posts
AVR Receiver with Duplicate Assignable Inputs

Anyone know of an Audio/Video Receiver that allows duplicate audio input assignments for multiple video sources? In other words, one that you can assign the same analog input (CD for example) to MULTIPLE video sources. I want to be able to listen to music from my Echo Dot while watching displaying video on my monitor/TV, whether it be the cable box, Roku, or Wii, but it looks like I am only able to assign any particular audio input to only one video source. I currently have HDMI 1 input on my Marantz SR5012 receiver configured to play audio from the CD input, which is what I want to do with three video sources. However, if I select a different source, the CD audio cuts off (because I am only able to assign CD to one HDMI source at a time). It looks like the only way around this is to purchase an external HDMI switch and do the video switching that way. That defeats the purpose of buying and AVR though, but it's a little late for that.

I had to use an external component video switch to achiever the functionality I wanted with my old setup, but was hoping a modern day $1,000 receiver would be versatile enough to do what I want. Apparently not.

Old 05-27-19, 06:51 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Try the https://www.avsforum.com/forum maybefind the answer there

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: