Honeywell Pass Through Humidifier and Nest 3rd Gen

Old 01-21-19, 07:18 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Honeywell Pass Through Humidifier and Nest 3rd Gen

This post is going to be very similar to this one: https://www.doityourself.com/forum/h...fier-nest.html but my wiring setup is a bit different.

From the Humidistat Control: White (C) and Red (R) go directly to the Furnace board and connec to C and R respectively. Blue (U) goes to the humidifier Soloniod and back out to the transformer. Green (U) goes directly to the transformer. Blue (U) and Green (U) then turn into to black wires that connect to the Furnace Board, but I dont see any labeling where they are, its not HUM though.

I think White (C) and Red (R) can be disconnected as they are only used to power the humidistat. And I take the Blue (U) wire out of the Humidistat and connect it to the Nest * connector and the Blue (U) coming from the Humidifier and connect it to C on the Furnace Board. But I am not sure what to do with the Green Wire, the transformer, and the two black wires coming from the transformer that are connected to the Furnace Board.

Pictures Attached

Attached Images         
Old 01-23-19, 12:18 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,321 Votes on 1,221 Posts
It doesn't matter what colors you use to connect the humidifier. As long as you end up with one blue solenoid wire on C and one goes to *.

What I would do is leave the white C wire right where it is. Take the red wire out of R and go to the * terminal. Use red and white at the humidifier end for the solenoid. Kill the blue and green wires. Just leave them disconnected at both ends. Disconnect the two black wires off the control board. I can see one is on N (neutral) the other may be on HUM. Tie the wires up and leave them out of the way. Leave the transformer where it is.

Old 01-23-19, 09:30 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
awesome thank you for your help. by disconnect the two black wires, do you mean pull them off the Furnace board or disconnect them from the transformer and leave them plugged in to the furnace board, just not attached to anything? i just want to double check, my wife is really hesitant to let me touch anything... I tried to assure her that what i am doing its not possible to fry anything.

Old 01-23-19, 10:34 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,321 Votes on 1,221 Posts
The wires do not remove from the transformer.
As I previously mentioned..... unplug them off the control board.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: