Ants and a 1 yr old!

Old 04-29-16, 06:28 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ants and a 1 yr old!

Hello my name is Ryan and I am new to this forum. I'm hoping that someone could give me some advice on how to get rid of my ant, pillbug, and bugs in general problem. Right now I'm experiencing an ant problem that is driving me nuts! They are tiny black ants and are primarily coming through various baseboards throughout my house. The most severe is in the bathrooms but they are present in several rooms. Then there are pill bugs that like to frequent my bathroom also. As far as other bugs go I experience some spiders,lady bugs, centipede or millipedes(not sure which) and Japanese Beatles. I might have a few other bugs that I'm forgetting to mention but I think this sums it up for the most part. I have been reading about pesticides and have been leaning towards drione dust and combining that with suspend sc. I would appreciate any advice and/or pesticide suggestions. I have also heard good things about Termidor. I have tried Terro bait but I hate having that stuff out with a one year that's into everything. I also sprayed ortho max. Everyday I'm cleaning up hundreds of dead ants but there's also plenty of alive ants that are a nuisance! How can I get rid of these things!
Please Help!

Old 04-29-16, 06:44 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 110 Upvotes on 103 Posts
Try using ant bait gel that comes in plastic syringes. That can be worked into cracks and crevices that the bait stations won’t go. Also don’t spray anywhere near the bait as you will repel the ants from the bait. In other words you’ll be working against yourself.

Lots of dead ants is a good sign but the colony can be rather large. The bulk of the colony doesn’t leave the nest. This is why baits are good. Inject some gel bait under the sinks where the pipes go in the wall or floor. If you have a basement put gel bait or bait stations on top of the basement foundation wall but under the problem areas.

I’m in a time crunch right now. Hope this helps.

Old 04-29-16, 06:57 AM
R
What if I have already frequently sprayed with ortho max? Should I still use the gel?

Old 04-29-16, 12:54 PM
D
I'd just mop it up and start over. Do like I did and use phantom 2 spray (non repellant spray) it's safe to be around after it drys.. around all edges of floor and baseboard and 2 different baits advanced 375a and advion gel or Maxforce. It takes a little time but I can assure you way less ants in a weeks time if you do it right. I have a 2 year old so yes baby gates will help until the issue is solved. Btw termidor sc around the house outside is great. I also had a carpenter ant problem and haven't seen any ants or other bugs since I sprayed it 2 weeks ago. The only real way to get to the root of the problem is to bait and wait and do the phantom spray which is an indoor version of termidor. But I'm super impressed with termidor sc. It's the real deal for around the house. It was about 50 dollars but the bottle will probably last about 5 years for how much you get out of it. I had a nagging problem in my kitchen and I'm at the end of solving my issue. See other thread about pavement ants in kitchen. You have to just keep up with it and listen to pabugman's advice he taught me a lot about ants in the last 5 months since my issue. Thanks pabugman you are the man!

Old 04-29-16, 01:33 PM
R
I will try these suggestions! Thanks to both of you! I will keep you updated

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: