Squirrels on my roof

Old 05-25-16, 08:17 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Squirrels on my roof

I live in a cottage and constantly deal with squirrels walking and jumping on my roof. The reason why I got a cottage was because I use to live in an apartment and would hear loud footsteps of people walking around; I could not sleep because of this. Now I am dealing with squirrels jumping and running on the roof of my cottage and it's even louder than people walking. I trimmed some of the branches the squirrels jump from and that didn't help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-25-16, 09:00 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
Squirrels can jump and climb great distances. You may need to do more pruning to get the trees further away. Basically go outside and watch the squirrels and see how they are getting up there then see if there is something you can do about it.

Old 05-25-16, 02:06 PM
B
Received 47 Upvotes on 43 Posts
If you have any wood trim or siding they can go up most types like it was a ladder. Vinyl and some others might challenge them, but if they want to get onto that roof, they will.

Now, since squirrels aren't noted for enjoying a scenic view, you have to wonder why they are up there. Could be a short cut or could be they have access to the attic or some other part of the house.

IMO. trap and relocate them as they apparently have become accustomed to being up there. As a note, them running on the roof would produce little noise in the house. Are they already in the attic?

Bud

Old 05-25-16, 05:12 PM
J
Received 128 Upvotes on 113 Posts
Cut more limbs back, or loose the tree totally.
Those Squirrels can destroy a home.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: