Bed Bugs Help

Old 04-10-17, 06:41 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Bed Bugs Help

So my husband and I ran into a Bed Bug problem we have fogged about 4 times now with Hot Shot, we have picked up Hot Shot spray, Shower everyday, do dishes everyday, do laundry every 2nd day.

This problem is getting ridicilious and we are unsure what more we can do about it without hiring someone professional which we don't have the money to be able to do.

I have talked to my friends and they tell me since the bugs are mostly on my side of the bed or such that I'm the "Host" I have no idea what that means or what I can do to not be there host

I have been to see a doctor, showered, bathed, put loition on that has a fragrance like Lavender they won't like but I keep getting bitten no matter what I do.

Please help us

Old 04-10-17, 07:46 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Look under the piping of the mattress. That is where the abundance of the bed bugs will congregate. There are specific sprays for bed bugs and you have to treat them constantly. You are doing what you can with cleanliness

Old 04-10-17, 08:53 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,399 Votes on 1,296 Posts
As far as I know..... foggers are ineffective. You need a vacuum to be sucking up the critters. Vacuum bag gets double plastic bagged when changed.

Rubbing alcohol is their enemy. Spray the entire mattress with it.... thoroughly and then let it dry. Spray walls, floors even yourself with it.

All bedding needs to be washed in hot water and dried in the dryer.
Clothes need to be heated to kill the critters. Hot water, dryer then sealed bags.

Old 04-11-17, 01:08 AM
E
I've Tried Lavander Body Oil I only just got bit even more but I'll try the Rubbing Acholol ........ Is there any Brand I should get for the Rubbing Acholol?

As far as our Bed - We have Bed Bug Covers on the Mattress and Trempatedic which was seperate from it for the past month now since we have our own place

We have Caprets in Every Room other then the Kitchen and Bathroom so spraying the floors with the rubbing acholol I'm not sure if it would work being its mostly all carpets

As for Washing and Drying clothes - We already wash them in Hot/Warm water and we put the Dryer on at least twice everytime when we are doing laundry no matter if its 1 thing or 10.

Comfortors I will even put on a 3rd time in the dryer just to be safe.

Its getting to the point now that were condersing looking for another place as this is so much a problem for us but friends advised us not to but treat the problem first.

Old 04-11-17, 01:13 AM
E
Also the stuff I get says to Kill Bed Bugs & There Eggs

Image Below

Name:  071121964427.png
Views: 279
Size:  99.5 KB

Old 04-12-17, 06:32 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 43 Votes on 37 Posts
The active ingredient in Hot Shot wouldnít be my on my list for bed bugs as there are better. Two of them are Temprid or Zenprox. They are available as a concentrate that you would mix with water according to the label and as aerosols. I feel certain that you will have to order these on-line. It would be beneficial to have both aero and concentrate in order to treat different surfaces and areas.

I would use the water based based at the junction of carpet and baseboards by applying it so that it runs down under the carpet and into the padding, carpet tack and under baseboard and even penetrate the sub-flooring. See if you can pull up the edge of carpet to facilitate treatment. Aerosols do not penetrate deeply like this.

Whichever you choose, aerosol or concentrate, the idea is to aim it where you want it to go. Fogging the rooms is useless for pretty much everything except flying insects. Foggers donít work for insects that hide and bed bugs are the best at hiding.

Learn about ďbed bug moatsĒ which install underneath each bed leg in order to keep them from climbing up from the floor. Keep bed away from walls. You want your bed to be an island in the room. If you still get bit after installing the moats, then they are living in the bed somewhere. This will give you a direction to use your time and resources on so that hopefully you can at least sleep while you work on the rest of the room.

Pull drawers completely out of the dressers and chests to apply insecticide thoroughly inside. Remove contents of drawers, treat them thoroughly and wait till dry to replace contents. Treat areas that maybe you havenít treated yet as itís possible that they are in an unusual place.

Bed bugs and termites are a lot of work, sometimes complicated and difficult to accomplish. These are areas of pest control that sometimes are best left to the pros, so donít feel bad if you donít have total success.

Old 04-13-17, 12:52 PM
E
Where would I find Temprid or Zenprox??

I live in a Small Town so we only have Walmart and Lowe's which is where I got the Hot Shot stuff from as my husband has been using it for years and never had a problem with it.

We don't have Target, Home Depot.

I've seen Rubbing Acholol at Wal-Mart i know that for sure I don't remember what kind it was as I didn't really look and I didn't know about that being there enemy but if its not the kind thats listed on here then I'll get my husband to look about how much it would be to order it.

I also seen Dyergamtic Earth or something close to it at Lowe's not by Hot Shot I can't remember who made it off by hand but I have seen other posts somewhere saying its good to use in baseboards, heaters and such other places there hiding too is that true?

The bed is already like an Island in our bedroom not near any wall or anything so thats not a problem but they keep climbing up it so going look into getting bed bug moats

Last edited by EsmeGraham; 04-13-17 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-13-17, 02:56 PM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 43 Votes on 37 Posts
This is an example of an on-line place to get insecticides, herbicides, rodenticides, etc. There are others.
Do It Yourself Pest Control Products & Supplies | Do My Own Pest Control

Alcohol isnít going to do anything other than kill the ones that you directly contact. Itís dangerously flammable too. Iíd rather see you use an insecticide.

Diatomaceous earth is used is pest control in certain situations. I really donít know if it has value in bed bug work. It might, I simply donít know.

Whatís important, after proper chemical selection, is getting it to where the bed bugs are, or at least very close to them. We would wear knee pads as we were on our knees a lot. Lots of physical work such as removing cushions, pulling drawers out all the way, lifting mattresses, etc. Itís good that you have the mattress and box springs covered properly. Youíve done things well.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: