Home infested with these bugs. What are they?

Old 06-26-17, 08:16 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Home infested with these bugs. What are they?

Hi,

Recently I've had this bug/fly infestation in my home.

1. This started maybe two months ago or more recent than that
2. I cannot find the source of where they're coming from interior/exterior
3. Moth/fly sticky traps do not work
4. They are extremely attracted to light - lamps (mostly), computer screens, etc.
5. Sometimes I find them or their wings on the floor of my tub? I try to leave the house dark during the day because of the heat, but parallel with my tub is a big window with no drapes, but blinds, but a lot of light
6. I've seen them around water

***PIC IS MISLEADING*** - I had one of those sticky traps (that do not work with these guys) and caught them with my fingers around a lamp that was on tonight - there were plenty more. Just wanted to get some and take photo.

Thank You

Name:  bugs 1.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  15.8 KB

Old 06-27-17, 03:30 AM
B
Received 47 Upvotes on 43 Posts
Not a pro, he/they will be along, but the wings tell me it is a swarm which occurs when a colony is expanding. My guess would be termites but my experience with a swarm is they are brief, maybe a couple of days. Then they are gone, but not really, just out of sight.

Whatever they are you will need some serious extermination and ongoing control. If it can be done DIY the pros will advise.

Remember, I'm not a bug pro.

Bud

Old 06-30-17, 06:13 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 110 Upvotes on 103 Posts
These are definitely “swarmer” termites, meaning the reproductive phase. Their presence means workers are present. I didn’t see this post until today; sorry about the delay.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: