Reuse 2 gallon sprayer after concentrated termicide use?

Old 07-08-17, 02:51 PM
M
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Reuse 2 gallon sprayer after concentrated termicide use?

I recently had a need to do some perimeter treatment at a property with Termidor - diuted to 0.125%.

I bought from the big box store a Scott's two gallon sprayer for this.

I am wondering, can the sprayer be used for anything else since it has been in contact with Termidor even though I rinsed it out?

I don't think I will use it for any pesticides or liquid fertilizer around any fruit trees or vegetables.

However, can I use it for other things? Can I use it to apply say Roundup to kill grass and weeds?

Can I fill it with diluted bleach to spray moldy concrete walkways?

Or best to keep it dedicated for that?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-17, 03:57 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 682 Votes on 629 Posts
I would re-use the sprayer. I would use it for pesticides and herbicides that will not be applied to food.

Old 07-09-17, 03:47 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 330 Votes on 293 Posts
I use the same pump up sprayer for bleach, various insecticides and weed/brush killer. Been doing it that way for over 40 yrs with no issues.

Old 07-09-17, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 36 Posts
In agriculture use farmers will spray Round-Up on road allowances for weed control then triple rinse tank and then spray a herbicide on crops that would be decimated by the Round-Up

Old 07-09-17, 08:36 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 35 Votes on 32 Posts
I frequently use the same plastic sprayer for Termidor, Taurus, and other fipronil containing products as well as Round-up and same active ingredient products. Because of that I never let the sprayer sit overnight without a thorough rinsing. I do not replace the plunger/grip until interior is dry. Drain or blow out the hose well.

If I have left over spray I pour into a container which will be marked or tagged accurately as to the ingredients and date. I like to keep a trigger bottle of herbicide handy for quick touch up work. Those I do not empty but I use them only for the same chemical.

If one uses the herbicides with an extended residual I would only be comfortable using a dedicated sprayer for them although with a thorough cleaning, meaning soap and water, I think you can get away with it. Probably a “throw back” behavior to when I applied herbicides professionally as the last thing I wanted was residual herbicide someplace where it didn’t belong.