Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Insect, Pests and Animal Control. Home Pets and Farm Animals > Indoor and Outdoor Insect and Pest Control
Reload this Page >

What Insect is this ? They are scattered across my new home everywhere. Freaking

What Insect is this ? They are scattered across my new home everywhere. Freaking

Old 05-20-18, 09:55 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Some of them are white, black and a mix. They are small . You have to focus your eyes on the floor to see them. Once you see them , you see them everywhere.

Attached Images   
Old 05-21-18, 07:23 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 110 Upvotes on 103 Posts
Old 05-25-18, 10:13 PM
G
Most likely a springtail. Any thoughts on getting rid of them. I read online it says moisture/mold control. But my house doesnt have that issue. And chemicals will not be of much help int the long run apparently.

Old 05-25-18, 11:01 PM
W
Peppermint/tea tree/any other essential oils.
They jump too right?

Old 05-26-18, 01:31 PM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 110 Upvotes on 103 Posts
They could be coming in from the exterior. In any case, where they are living/breeding is not far from where you are seeing them, most likely. Are they near an exterior wall? If so, look where the soil meets the exterior wall. Dig around a little; might need a good flashlight as they are small and fast and blend in well. If you have vinyl/aluminum siding, does it extend to ground level? Would make good access for them, if so.

Hopefully they are outside and migrating inside as treating exteriors is simpler than interiors usually.

Old 05-28-18, 05:05 AM
G
Thank you people. Will try out the suggestions.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: