Stink Bugs

Old 10-04-18, 03:31 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Stink Bugs

If you have a stink bug problem, I've found that if you spray them with a standard bug spray, they kind of like it and take a bath in it but it never really does anything to them because they are all shell.

Even though it is all over the internet, there is a cheap and easy way to kill them. Take a spray bottle full of water and add 1 or 2 tablespoons of dish soap to it. Give it a whirl to mix in the soap without making a lot of bubbles. Spray this on the stink bugs and they die in about 30 seconds. Apparently, the soap clogs the holes in its shell that they breath through and it kills them. It is my newfound hobby. They land on my screened in porch and I pop them off with this spray and watch them die.

Granted I don't have as much of an infestation as others, but wanted to pass along this tip. Seems to me, it you have a major infestation, you can buy one of those whole house wash things that you hook up to your garden hose and douse the whole house in one quick spray. Hit them hard enough so the soap hits them on the belly. Bye bye bugs!

Old 10-05-18, 02:47 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Good tip to know. No more of them than I see in the summer/fall, I'm always surprised in the winter when I pick up a bucket or something that setting out in the barn and see the underside covered with dead/dormant stink bugs.

Old 10-05-18, 04:09 AM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
This post made me want to look up the subject. Found this to be interesting. Just some facts.Notice the last item, how to control or kill them. Czizzi has then right method.

https://pestmanagementinc.com/blog/p...th-stink-bugs/

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: