Odd little webs all over furniture...?

Old 05-29-19, 12:08 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Odd little webs all over furniture...?

i’ve been having this issue for a while and have NO idea what it could be. I see these small, almost hairlike strands of webbing(?) on my desk, the carpet, the shelving, pretty much any hard surface in my room. It isnt hair, because it can only be seen with a flashlight or if a strong ray of light is hitting it. Its very odd, and theres no sign of any spiders. Anyone have any clue whats going on? Even after I dusted, then wiped down the surfaces, they came back.

Old 05-29-19, 02:15 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

How soon does it come back after you wipe them off? would they show up in a pic?

Old 05-29-19, 02:18 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
There are thousands of species of spider. Some so small they are hard to see. You'll have to do some investigating to find out what type. A magnifying glass will be helpful.

Old 05-30-19, 06:07 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 110 Upvotes on 103 Posts
Where are you located, in general? Location can be helpful with insect questions as various species are common to only certain locations.

Otherwise, I'm curious to see this too. Even small spiders are usually visible to the naked eye. Some moth species make webbing but in my experience their webbing is more crude and sizable.

Old 06-03-19, 10:05 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi, thank you for replying. I tried to get a picture of the webs but even with the flash on, the “webbing” can only be seen with direct light being shined onto it.
i’m located in california, and when i clean the furniture thoroughly to get rid of the “webs” they usually appear about a day or so later.
They’re very small and can only be seen under direct lighting. No spiders, big or small, have been found.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: