Pole barn interior

Old 04-29-17, 03:40 AM
U
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pole barn interior

Hi,

I have a sheet metal panel roof and siding pole barn which has an enclosed room section with concrete floor. I have extra sheet metal panels that I would like to use as interior wall and ceiling sheeting for the enclosed room instead of using sheet rock. Can I just use fiberglass insulation with vapor barrier and install the sheet metal panels on top of that?

Thanks

Old 04-29-17, 04:08 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
Is your little room heated or air conditioned? I don't think you'll need insulation with a vapor barrier as the metal panels will be impervious to moisture.

Old 04-29-17, 06:21 AM
W
Received 63 Upvotes on 55 Posts
Insulation

I don't think you'll need insulation with a vapor barrier as the metal panels will be impervious to moisture.
True statement. However, there will be condensation on the inside panels if the wall cavity is not insulated.

Old 04-29-17, 06:30 AM
U
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It will have a wood stove, which will only be used occasionally.

Old 04-29-17, 08:38 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
I would use a product like Roxul. Water proof, vermin proof, mold proof and fire proof and needs no vapor barrier. At some point you will need to consider stud spacing as it comes in 15" widths that holds into a 16"oc stud bay. It won't settle out like fiberglas or blown in insulation will.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: