Laying Stones on a Sloped Garden Bed

Old 12-08-16, 05:21 AM
A
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Laying Stones on a Sloped Garden Bed

My auntie is landscaping her back garden and there is a small section at the back that is sloped - maybe about 30 degrees or so.
She wants to lay done stones on it so that she won't have to do much maintenance in the future.
The problem is that the stones she puts on it are rolling off and dropping down onto the lawn.

I've hears there are special mats you can get that will catch and hold the stones in place, and allow them stay securely on a slope.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks

Old 12-08-16, 05:36 AM
C
Received 168 Upvotes on 136 Posts
Don't know about the mats, but I usually avoid this by putting a row of larger rocks at the bottom so they hold the stone back.

Old 12-30-16, 10:41 PM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
sell the stones cheap on craigslist buyer removes them. Wood mulch would do the same thing. Instead, Till the area and plant a perennial ground cover suitable for your zone, preferably something that flowers in spring/fall. Once it's established from fertilizer and watering, many of the groundcovers require no more watering or fertilizing and very minimal maintenance and keep weeds away. Some groundcovers are really nice looking but the vining type are usually the hardiest in certain climates. Go with something that easily establishes and stays hardy, you may find them in starter plants at a nursery quite cheap. Vining pachysandra/ vinca minor/ English ivy work well in north east usa and care just 25 cents per plant and can be spaced a foot apart and will fill in in about a year. Until it fills in, keep 3" grass clippings between them to prevent weeds. Make sure to till or turn the soil so the plants can root easily. Other than that, I mean what are you gonna do, put a net over it? spray glue all over it?

Old 12-31-16, 04:32 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
What size are the stones being placed?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: