Treating lawn fungus,

Old 07-19-17, 12:51 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Treating lawn fungus,

I have some sort of lawn fungus, I live in the northeast where it has been warm and kinda rainy. I have not watered in weeks. Here are some pictures, not sure what it is and how to deal with it. Thanks

Attached Images    
Old 07-19-17, 02:00 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,182 Upvotes on 1,140 Posts
Generally speaking, you should bag your clippings when you have a fungus. Knowing what it is would help determine whether a treatment should be applied. Barring that, I would bag for a while and see if it improves. If not, taking a sample to a local nursery would probably get you an answer.

Old 07-19-17, 03:43 PM
M
thanks for the suggestion. I always bag the clippings. Do you think I should wait to see what happens or is it best to try and treat it. Thanks

Old 07-19-17, 05:54 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,708 Upvotes on 1,525 Posts
This time of year is prime for fungal problems. If you wish to treat with chemicals Flutolanil is quite good but also quite expensive. Propiconazole is pretty good and much less expensive but has a strong chemical smell and I think washes off a little easier with rain. With whatever you choose make sure to read the instructions and whatever fungicide you choose will require regular re-application every 2-4 weeks.

Your grass doesn't look bad though so I'd just let it go. Grass is extremely tough and July & August is a tough time for cool season grasses so they usually have some sort of problem but always rebound once you get out of the hottest of summer.

Old 07-20-17, 11:55 AM
M
Hi, thanks for the help. I will see how it goes in the coming weeks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: