Residential Sprinler system


Old 05-04-18, 03:53 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: usa
Posts: 36
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Residential Sprinler system

I have an underground sprinkler system. I have a small leak at the 'cap' of the pipe - where the feed comes in through the house, then goes down into the ground to feed the sprinklers. Not sure what this is called. I have attached a picture of what is leaking - the rusty cap on tap.

Is this something that can just unscrew, take off and replace with a new one? If so, what the heck is it called and where do I buy it.


Attached Images  
Old 05-04-18, 04:18 PM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 24,728
Received 787 Votes on 724 Posts
It is probably an anti-siphon valve. I don't know if it can be serviced. Unless you can identify the manufacturer finding parts could be difficult. It may need to be replaced with a new one.
Old 05-04-18, 04:28 PM
pugsl's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United States
Posts: 9,029
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Sometimes you can take the top off and clear the inners and it will stop leaking.
Old 05-04-18, 05:30 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 26,823
Received 854 Votes on 782 Posts

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: