New Sprinkler System only $300?

Old 05-20-18, 03:46 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New Sprinkler System only $300?

My sprinkler system is probably something like 20-25 years old.

The backyard sprinklers still work but the front yard has issues. Some work but some have the pipes leaking.

I called around sprinkler specific company's asking them how much would it be to replace the whole thing w/ a new more modern system and they said around $1500 - $2500.

So I asked my gardener and he said $300!!! I was surprised. I made sure he knew what I was asking. It would be a new controller box timer/scheduler (not sure the real name), new sprinkler heads, and maybe new piping. He's like yeah, $300.

Anyone with experience in this think this is legit? I bought some front yard oscillating sprinklers with a new dual timer which cost me about $50 total. They're working fine so far but the front yard has hoses running all over it.

$300 too good to be true for an entire new underground sprinkler system?

Old 05-20-18, 03:55 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,476 Votes on 1,364 Posts
Get it in writing exactly what he's doing.
$300 would not cover valve replacements if needed.
It would cover a controller and a few heads but that's about it.

Old 05-22-18, 09:37 AM
Y
Received 15 Votes on 15 Posts
Not clear if it is only the front yard for $300. What is the brand name/ model of the new controller ? You need to know this. Whole new runs of PVC...or just dig up leaks and repair in place ? Use same heads or buy new heads ?

Old 05-23-18, 03:34 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Not sure what the new controller name is. He was just giving me a price w/ no details. I think he intimated not replacing the existing pipes but rather shoring them up or fixing them. New heads definitely would be needed. He confirmed both front and back yards.

Old 05-23-18, 06:10 PM
Y
Received 15 Votes on 15 Posts
Why not put your gardener on hold.....and get 3 or more irrigation people or gardeners... over for inspection of your problems...and ask fir a written, detailed bid to fix things. You are flying blind. Each bidder you have over will give you more clarity of what is actually needed and priced out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: