Sago palm dying - Can I remove it and keep a pup

Old 09-05-18, 06:11 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sago palm dying - Can I remove it and keep a pup

I have a Sago Palm that lost all the frogs... I stopped at a couple stores and sprayed it with a couple different things that were supposed to help, but didn't... Nothing, to my knowledge, changed... Watering or fertilizer from the past 2 years...

My question is, can I cut out the main base and try to keep one of the pups and let that grow?

Attached Images  
Old 09-06-18, 07:27 AM
Y
Received 24 Upvotes on 23 Posts
Frogs mean fronds ? Why did you spray and what did you see...then and now ? Yes, cut out the middle and leave everything alone for a while, to see what's what.

Old 09-06-18, 08:33 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
LOL yes frogs was supposed to be Fronds... I wrote that while making dinner and arguing with my twins...hahaha

I have to go back and look at what I put on it for spray. It was from Home Depot... was supposed to treat both a fungus or animal issues.. But really didn't look like it did anything... I didn't have time to get to a landscape store.. I can look tonight though..

I might cut it out this weekend... Do I have to leave all the pups in? I would like to go back and just have one plant there not a bunch. Also do I need to (should I) replace or add in any potting or planting soil?

thanx

Old 09-06-18, 10:53 PM
Y
Received 24 Upvotes on 23 Posts
I would leave all the pups in....and cut them out later on, one by one, as you see fit. No more soil needed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: