Craftsman 358791030 Trimmer

Old 10-16-18, 04:57 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Craftsman 358791030 Trimmer

Hi All, trying to remove the shrouds on this craftsman string trimmer, model number 358.791030 craftsman to access the muffler so I can clean it. The person that had it before me ran it with the choke on all the time to keep it running and I think the muffler is all gummed up because it does not have a good throttle response. They say the spark arrestor is built in and I suspect it is plugged. Please tell me how to remove the front shroud to access the muffler as I have the rear shroud off. Pictures would help, I cannot find a service manual for this trimmer.

Old 10-16-18, 11:14 AM
J
Received 82 Votes on 77 Posts
https://www.ereplacementparts.com/cr...78_493968.html
While you have it apart I'd also be changing the carb. checking the fuel lines and changing the fuel filter in the tank.
You can buy the parts on ebay or Amazon for about 1/3 the price that this company is charging.
I bought one for my Stihl trimmer that came with the carb. new lines, spark plug, fuel filter, and air filter for less $15.00 with free shipping.

Old 10-16-18, 03:27 PM
S
Any information Joe on getting my muffler off so I can clean the built in spark arrestor? I do have a new carb etc... and fuel lines and fuel filter. I cannot find a service manual anywhere. Thanks

Old 10-16-18, 04:55 PM
A
Received 68 Votes on 62 Posts
Don't know if this helps, but the first three digits of Sears/Craftsman models denote the manufacturer, and, using this criteria, yours appears to have been manufactured by Poulan. Some models are close but not quite identical to the OEM and some are exact matches, so maybe this will help you find additional information.

Old 10-19-18, 05:11 AM
S
Craftsman Weed Trimmer Muffler

Can someone tell me if there is an accepted way to clean the spark arrestor screen on my craftsman weed trimmer muffler since the screen is not accessible on this muffler? Supposedly it is built into the muffler. Can I run some kind of cleaner through the gas and exhaust to clean the screen? Taking the muffler off involves just about disassembling the entire trimmer to access the muffler.

Old 10-19-18, 08:59 AM
W
Received 22 Votes on 21 Posts
Anything here that will help?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qvXX-wBVNQ

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: