In ProcessAdSlots.php line 39: Trying to access array offset on value of type null

Two sprinkler zones “open”

Old 03-17-19, 06:36 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Two sprinkler zones “open”

Just opened my seven zone sprinkler system after the winter. Upon opening, two of the zones came on and remained open despite the control box being off. During the fall, when I planted a shrub and accidentally nicked the control cable wire ( between the control box and the first hub) At the time it did not seem if any of the strands of wire inside the cable were damaged. My question is, before I dig up the cable, is whether it is most likely that I have caused a short or some other malfunction in the cable that would account for two zones staying open. If this is unlikely, then should I troubleshoot the zone solenoid valves?

( also, if you think this is a damaged cable issue, should I replace the entire section of cable, or is there some kind of splicing system to be used. This is a 10 strand cable.)

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-19, 07:19 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,187 Votes on 1,098 Posts
Typically when the wiring is cut..... the valves won't open. If all the zones were shut off then even a short in the wiring could not open any of the valves.

You need to check your valves for being left manually opened. If not...... they have been damaged by a freeze and need to be rebuilt or replaced.

Old 03-17-19, 07:54 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you. Makes sense. I’ll check it out as suggested.