help with lawn without causing a mess

Old 03-20-19, 08:15 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
help with lawn without causing a mess

I live in Northeast- due to personal reasons- I never really raked all the leaves in the backyard from last fall. I started this past week and have most of them gone. However- I need to plant a lot of seed since it;s mostly soil there now- I raked it all out. I won't have time to do it before the next rainstorm tomorrow- Is there anything I can put down on the dirt so it does not become a mud pit? (prior to the seed)- I am on vacation next week so i will rake it out and reseed- I was trying to figure out how to prevent a mess in the short term

Old 03-20-19, 08:41 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Sure you can't find time to finish dressing it off and plant the seed before it rains? Not sure that there's a viable solution to dry it up quickly after the rain.

Old 03-20-19, 09:07 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
Short of covering your lawn with a tarp like a ball field just let Mother Nature do what she wants. Yes, your yard will get wet and it might be muddy for a day or two but it can dry out pretty quickly if there is sun and wind.

Old 03-20-19, 05:52 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
I live fairly close to you. We're due to get high winds and an inch plus of rain.
There isn't much of a way to work against that.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: