Sprinkler part replacement advice


Old 06-14-19, 08:03 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 10
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sprinkler part replacement advice

Hi All,

I need some help identifying what the piece I need to replace is called as well as some advice. Seems like the previous owners didnt blow out their sprinklers and the pipe with a shutoff valve leading to the backflow preventer has cracked open and pushed out (pics attached). First, Im not entirely sure what this would be called and so im having some difficulty trying to find a replacement and second, Im not sure the easiest way to replace. Would I just have to cut the pipe and use something like shark bites for the replacement?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-19, 08:30 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 26,007
Received 675 Votes on 624 Posts
I think everything you need to know is on the handle.

You will need to undo the union nut below the shutoff, then unscrew the ball valve (save and reuse the piece between the ball valve and union) and replace the ball valve. Then reassemble the union last.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: