Replacing Concrete Pathway

Old 07-11-19, 12:03 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Replacing Concrete Pathway

I am planning on removing a disintegrating concrete with slate embedded pathway which goes from the street to our front door, approx. 61' x 44". The pathway is in the middle of what I believe is a Zoysia lawn. We are in Georgia. Was thinking of seeding the area but it sounds like a multi year wait until the grass fills out. Have no experience with Sod, so have some questions. Is it tricky to get the sod to match the original lawn? We are planning on using stepping stones in place of the concrete walkway, the stepping stones are either going to be 24" square, about 26 of them, or small concrete pavers, in which case there might be 80 or so pavers.

Is it best to cut the sod to fit around already placed pavers or stepping stones, or to lay the sod out and then cut for the stones? What's the best time of year to install the sod in Georgia? Is sod typically successful, or is it something of a crap shoot? Was thinking of putting some kind of mulch down instead of sod and putting the stepping stones on the mulch but am worried about weeds, maintenance...etc...is there a mulch option that wouldn't be too difficult to maintain, and would have some longevity?

Old 07-11-19, 02:53 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
Like just about every other grass there are many varieties. Unless you know what's in your lawn it's a roll of the dice whether or not sod will blend in. I suggest you start learning about the zoysia varieties to have some idea what you might have and see what sods are available in your area.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: