cedar trees looking unhealthy

Old 07-14-19, 07:44 PM
S
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
cedar trees looking unhealthy

I have a row of cedar trees in my back yard. Two of the trees on the end aren't looking so great compared to the rest, particularly the one on the very end. It's yellowing a lot on the bottom and some spot on the top as well. I've roped them off to prevent my dog from peeing on them. I'm just not sure if there is anything I can do to revitalize these trees or is it just a matter of time before they die? Thanks.

Attached Images     
Old 07-15-19, 05:39 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
I think there is something with the soil or watering at that end of the line. The trees at that end are smaller than the rest. Are you receiving regular and normal rainfall? How does the trunk look? Any signs of damage or sap dripping out?

Old 07-15-19, 08:39 AM
A
Received 73 Upvotes on 66 Posts
Interesting, although I do not know how relevant, but the varying heights and fullness of them appears to somewhat follow your shadow lines, like maybe the ones at that end struggled a bit more in their youth, and that end one in particular may be following that trend into maturity. Again, I don't know, and never thought about it much before, but we have quite a number of similar ones out back that were bright and full for a long time and now that the canopy is getting more full with large maples, walnuts, and cherry's some of them are taking on characteristics similar to yours.

Old 07-15-19, 10:08 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
Could be a number of things. Also they are likely emerald green arborvidae... not really cedar.

Google yellowing arborvidae and you will get a number of ideas. If the dog pees on them that could be a real problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: