Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Lawns, Landscaping and Outdoor Decor
Reload this Page >

is this the underground sprinkler controller and it is leaking?

Old 10-24-19, 08:40 AM
C
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post

I got this very wet and muddy area around one valve box in my backyard, and below the cover the whole box|cylinder was filled with water. I was not sure what was going on so I tried to scooped out as much water as I could, and after a few days, the water came backup again.

I guess this is probably the underground controller for the sprinkler system? What could be the cause of the water overflow?

Name:  sp1.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  50.8 KB

Name:  sp2.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  71.9 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 10-24-19 at 10:36 AM. Reason: resized pictures
Old 10-24-19, 09:29 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
It's not a controller but it is a valve for a zone. It is not uncommon for underground valve boxes to fill with water. After all, they are a very low spot so water tends to collect there. You need to determine if that area of the lawn is wet because it's a low spot or if the valve or piping nearby is leaking.

If you shut off the water supply to the irrigation system for a few days or week and the area dries out it could be a leak. If the area remains wet then water might naturally be collecting there.

Old 10-24-19, 02:31 PM
C
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
thanks, much appreciated!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: