What should I expect to pay?

Old 01-02-17, 06:48 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What should I expect to pay?

I can change fixtures or switches and timers easy enough, but otherwise, I'm not real comfortable working with electrical stuff myself. So I want to install overhead lighting and possibly fans in two bedrooms that have no such lighting. I also want to have a receptacle installed so I can install a large flat screen TV on the wall without wires hanging down from it. So I'm wondering what I should expect to pay (in ballpark figures) to do this work. I'm budgeting for other remodel work also, so this info would be very helpful. I will of course get a couple of estimates from local contractors. I'm just wondering if the pros on this board can tell me what the universe looks like. I'm in the Sacramento, CA metro area if that matters. Thanks for any info.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-17, 07:39 PM
Group Moderator
Received 223 Votes on 196 Posts
Of course not being able to see the jobs and the availability of access to fish wires makes it almost impossible to give a ballpark. Also, there are questions of the scope of work like how do you plan to control the fan(s)? What kind of overhead lighting? Do you also need low voltage (cable, network) for the TV?

Your local contractors will need this info.

Old 01-03-17, 09:21 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 94 Votes on 83 Posts
Get three or more local bids so you can compare and ask questions. As Tolyn noted, there's just too many variables for remote estimating.