Small line voltage dimmer to fit inside 1-1/2 inch ID copper pipe?

Old 02-27-17, 10:23 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Small line voltage dimmer to fit inside 1-1/2 inch ID copper pipe?

I'm planning a new copper pipe lamp, but can't find a reliable >=100W dimmer small enough to fit inside a 1-1/2 inch ID copper pipe AND has the knob stick out at the end through an end cap. A torchiere dimmer fits but the knob sticks out on the side, not the end. So far I found only one that fits that way inside a 2" pipe. Any suggestions would be very welcome!

There are some small dimmers around that claim to be 100W or so, but use a teeny tiny triac that is way too fragile and many users report those dimmers die within hours or weeks.

Old 02-27-17, 11:16 PM
B
Received 47 Upvotes on 43 Posts
It has been years since I searched through our set of Thomas Register Catalogs and now see they are called ThomasNet. ThomasNet® - Product Sourcing and Supplier Discovery Platform

No idea how good of a source they will be but we used to find many needed items there. I've even asked some who didn't have what I needed for advice and often found very helpful people.

They are a registry of manufacturers.

Bud

Old 03-02-17, 02:26 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 277 Upvotes on 253 Posts
I have the gut feeling that a dimmer unit should not be enclosed in close quarters as it may overheat (and self destruct). It needs space around it for air circulation.l

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: