Ceiling fan light package

Old 05-11-17, 11:42 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ceiling fan light package

I have ceiling fans in a new house. No idea where electrician may have gotten them. The light package on the ceiling fan in question is very dim. I have tried to increase the bulb size but have been told it can't be done. I am willing to buy new light assembly for the fan but would like some suggestions and info. Best I can tell is the fan is from Chien Luen Industries. The cat # is 2602-30 and the model # is P2602. The bulbs it came with are 2-60W. Socket size is candelabra. I can't find any info from the mentioned company. Thank you for help.

Old 05-11-17, 12:32 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
The light package on the ceiling fan in question is very dim... The bulbs it came with are 2-60W.
Please explain dim. Do you mean as if not getting full power? Is there a dimmer on the wall?

Old 05-11-17, 01:22 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
You can only get ceiling fans with candelabra based bulbs these days. I would investigate brighter bulbs, that's about your only option.

Old 05-11-17, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Chien Luen Industries makes a lot of different cheapo fans for different retailers. Just bought one for the spare bedroom of this rental. $54 including light kit. PITA to install.

There are normally current limiters installed so 60W is the max you can install. I don't think they even make LED or CFL bulbs that are brighter in a candelabra base.

You might want to look though, seems that all the LED's put out more lumens than their equivalent CFL or incandescent brothers.

Changing the temperature of the bulb to a higher number can also make it appear brighter.

Old 05-11-17, 07:23 PM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
by dim I just mean it is very poor light. Not very bright. I was hoping to hear someone tell me to remove the lighting unit, completely and find a better option to attach to the fan assembly. I have now put in LED 6w (=60w) 500L 5,000K bulbs. There is improvement. Not what I was hoping for but I'll keep looking for brighter bulbs. I would like a different lighting assembly though. Thank you.

Old 05-11-17, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Well, it depends on how it's hooked up, most use connectors between the fan and light. Also depends on how it's attached to the fan. I have one that I can't tell how it's attached. One that you sort of slip into the bottom part of the fan and use screws to hold it from the sides. One that has a cover plate on the bottom which removing allows you to see 2 screws vertically up into the fan housing, like a typical overhead fixture, loosen screws and turn the light and it drops free.

If you had something like a Hunter, Casablanca, or Hampton Bay, you'd have lots of choices on fixtures. Cheap Chinese junk, not so much.

Since it's a new house, you'll probably be changing them relatively soon anyway.

When I built mine in VA, I made a deal with the builder. Skip the cheap fans and give me credit, I'll choose which Hunters I want and I'll pay you the difference. 16 years and those babies were still humming along when I sold it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: