Radon Motor?

Old 01-09-18, 06:46 AM
G
Gen
Received 8 Votes on 7 Posts
Radon Motor?

In the basement over the weekend, I noticed the radon indicator tube-whatever it's called- is not uneven as it should be--the tube liquids are level.

So the system is not right? I hear the motor on otherwise, but maybe it's not working properly. Where do I start in terms of correcting this? Thanks!

Old 01-09-18, 07:22 AM
B
Received 42 Votes on 38 Posts
Those fans usually last a long time, so do you have any idea as to how old it is?
Given the current temperatures there is a possibility it has just filled with ice. Is the vent pipe on the inside or outside of the house?

Those motors are designed to operate with no air flow so is the pipe is plugged it shouldn't be hurting the motor.

The other possibility is something on the floor has been opened that was previously closed, like a sump pump cover.

Got a picture of your setup?

Bud

Old 01-09-18, 06:27 PM
G
Gen
Received 8 Votes on 7 Posts
Well I just checked outside. It has this..I'll call it a slurp tube, about 8", that drains water out of the exhaust pipe PVC. When I applied suction to it, lots of water drained out. And Maybe it was filled with ice a couple days ago --but it works fine now. Thank you Bud

Old 01-09-18, 07:16 PM
B
Received 42 Votes on 38 Posts
I'm not quite sure what you are describing, pictures if problem returns. But I do understand "it works fine now" and that is good and the motor was not the problem.

Bud

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: