Matching color of LED tape lights to Kitchen Lighting

Old 04-27-18, 09:28 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Matching color of LED tape lights to Kitchen Lighting

I recently bought a cheap roll of led tape lighting to see how some under cabinet lighting would look in my kitchen. It certainly brightens up the area, but the color seems off from the rest of the lighting. The other lights are 2700K and these tape lights are supposed to be 3000K (as i said cheap so not sure about the accuracy), but also the CRI is likely low at like 60 for these. You can see the color difference of the wall in the attached photo.

My first question is whether or not this color difference is due to color temperature or the low CRI of the LED tape.

My next question is what brand or site should I buy to get good High CRI 2700K LED tape to match the 2700K lights I already have in the kitchen? I can find 2700K but it seems harder to find and I want to make sure I get good quality.

Name:  LED.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  49.8 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 04-27-18 at 10:47 AM. Reason: reoriented pic
Old 04-27-18, 09:59 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 749 Votes on 688 Posts
Can you separate CRI and color temperature? I don't think so. So, you really can't say the problem is with the CRI as it is at least partially a product of the color temperature.

The only site with which I feel somewhat confident about their specifications is Super Bright LEDs. They have quite a bit of specifications and other information about what they sell and so far has been more accurate and reliable than most things I've gotten from Ebay or Amazon.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: