Need to Remove Old Battery from Tiffany Table Lamp

Old 06-11-18, 10:14 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need to Remove Old Battery from Tiffany Table Lamp

Please let me know if another thread would be better to use. My wife found an inexpensive Tiffany-like Table Lamp that she likes at a thrift store. It works when plugged in, has a built-in rechargeable battery that's dead, has brick wall charger, has a rotating and dimmer/on-off switch. No name on the lamp. May not be necessary, but it seems to me that it's likely wise to remove the old rechargeable battery in the lamp's base which no longer stores power. I'm handy with tools, but circuits are not in my knowledge base. Need some guidance since she wants to keep it but doesn't care about having it portable with battery power.

Solution may be simple, like unplugging the battery, wrapping the connectors, and adding some weight in the base so it will stand. Don't want to mess up the circuit board. I'll include photos. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Attached Images     
Old 06-11-18, 11:57 AM
P
Received 19 Upvotes on 18 Posts
You can probably just remove the connectors from the batter and put a piece of electrical tape over each connector. I suspect that it will continue to light. if not, you buy a replacement battery for $15-$20.

- Peter

Old 06-11-18, 01:45 PM
T
Received 198 Upvotes on 174 Posts
Take note that there are some power supplies that will not operate without a battery connected. Haven't seen many but I would want you to think you've broken something.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: