Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Blades Won't Turn

Old 06-27-18, 04:40 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Blades Won't Turn

I have a nice looking Harbor Breeze ceiling fan in which the blades do not turn. It a remote so that's a problem, but there's power to the fan light and I hear the hum. I can manually turn the blades and it'll turn very slowly on it's own accord. I'm pretty sure the start capacitor is fried. Here's the problem, I cannot identify which two black boxes is the capacitor. I have two. Harbor Breeze technical support has no clue, doesn't know a damn thing about anything regarding the fan (bought at Lowes) and doesn't offer any parts list or information where I can buy the parts. Called the manager at Lowes and he won't do a thing as I have no receipt (understandable). Oh, and they tell me its a Lifetime Warranty! HA! Anyway, I'm uploading a picture of a "black box" which I think is the capacitor. If anyone can verify this I'd appreciate it as well as tell me where I can get another one! Thanks!

Attached Images  
Old 06-27-18, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes, thats it. If they don't have a parts list at HB, tell them to just send you all the guts that are covered under warranty and you'll use the one you need. Btw, there are normally "levels" of support...you may need to go to the next one. That would be me anyway. You can buy what you need for around $5 or so...probably less if you're willing to wait a while.

This is why I only buy Hunter fans for my own homes.

Old 06-27-18, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
HQRP CBB61 is your replacement.....available everywhere from Walmart to NEWEGG...maybe Lowes or a fan/lighting retailer also.

Old 06-28-18, 09:20 AM
Received 172 Likes on 155 Posts
Harbor Breeze fans are all Chinese cheapies, but with a lifetime warranty you should be getting help from the store manager. (Lowes is currently scraping the bottom of the barrel for store managers) Here's what you should do. Call Lowes corporate at 1-800-445-6937 and tell them you are an unhappy customer and tell them about your problem. Tell them the store manager brushed you off and won't do a thing. I suspect you will get a call from the store manager within 24 hours, or less. I also suspect you will get a new fan at no charge. The phone number I am giving you isn't a secret number, it can be found at the bottom of the Lowes home page and this is exactly one of it's purposes, to be sure the stores give excellent customer service.

I had a friend give me this number a couple years ago. I passed it along to another friend who got a $2800 refrigerator replaced......twice......after she made the call.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: