Help getting ceiling fan remote to work!

Old 07-28-18, 08:41 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help getting ceiling fan remote to work!

I'm trying to wire a ceiling fan remote and cannot figure out why it's not working. I've added a picture.

The black power from the ceiling is solid copper and plugged into the quick connect black, the white neutral (also from the ceiling) is also solid copper and plugged into the quick connect white. After that, everything is connected by color coming from the fan, white to white, blue to blue, black to black. There is also a red wire coming from the ceiling which is also solid copper and is just hanging there by itself. When the remote is not there I had the black power from the ceiling connected to the black and blue from the fan with the two whites connected.

Please help, what am I doing wrong?

Attached Images  
Old 07-28-18, 09:09 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
There are three possibilities....
1) you've lost power on the black and white wires
2) one of those quick connects is not making proper contact
3) remote is defective, not coded to remote transmitter or remote transmitter missing battery.

Old 07-28-18, 11:30 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I know 1 is not right since it works without the remote. And I assume 3 is wrong only because it's a brand new remote but I can't figure out how to adjust the channels to see confirm they are on the same channel so I am assuming the manufacturer set them to the same channel. So that leaves 2.

I have never worked with quick connects, other than supposedly being easier to work with are they beneficial? Is there an easy way to remove the quick connect or do I just have to cut the wire?

Old 07-28-18, 11:35 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
The instructions for the remote should mention programming. There should be a little door on the receiver and a door on the transmitter or behind the battery door.

Old 07-29-18, 02:01 PM
Received 161 Upvotes on 147 Posts
Just chop the quick connector off the wires, strip conductors and install wirenuts in their place.
Geo

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: