Ceiling Fan Brand vs Light Fixture Brand

Old 05-09-19, 03:47 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Ceiling Fan Brand vs Light Fixture Brand

I just bought a home with two 52" Hunter ceiling fans - no light fixture. No idea if these were installed when the home was built in 2003 or later. I happen to have two Hampton Bay ceiling fan light fixtures that I'd been using as semi-flush fixtures in my old home since the early 2000s.
I'd like to install these light fixtures on the Hunter fans. Any chance this may be problematic? How? Are these type of light fixtures interchangeable between brands? Or is there information on the fan, and the light fixture, that would tell me if these would be compatible?

Any information or tips you can share would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old 05-09-19, 03:55 AM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
I don't think the parts are compatible. Two different companies and no industry standard on how parts fit together. Hampton Bay is made by Homer TLC, Inc and is wholly owned by Home Depot

Old 05-09-19, 04:49 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
There is no standardization. One manufacturer's parts usually do not fit another brand. Sorta like how a Chevy water pump won't work on a Mercedes. But you can always try, occasionally someone wins the lottery.

Old 05-10-19, 05:51 AM
B
Received 293 Upvotes on 260 Posts
Compatible is highly unlikely. Doable is possible but not a DIY project unless you own a machine shop and auto body repair shop. In my opinion, cheaper to buy new fans with built-in lights. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: