I need two modern fixtures for two bedrooms.

Old 11-29-19, 07:24 PM
S
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I need two modern fixtures for two bedrooms.

This is an old mobile home (roughly 25 years old). The old vintage fixtures in the two bedrooms are basically falling apart and needs to be changed. I want to go with a modern look but I want the fixtures to use at least two LED 9-watt light bulbs each and have some kind of dome covering. I've looked at hundreds of fixtures online but couldn't find any that matches that description. I'm 90% certain I overlooked them. I want to use LED light bulbs because I have an unopened pack of 8 I never got to use and this would be the perfect opportunity to use them. Budget-wise, I can do about $40.00 for both of them together.

Old 11-29-19, 08:10 PM
J
Received 515 Upvotes on 420 Posts
Any fixture you buy can accept LED bulbs.

Old 11-30-19, 05:10 AM
Received 161 Upvotes on 147 Posts
Hi, make sure the bulbs are rated for Enclosed fixtures. any fixture will except LED bulbs unless your bulbs are something different.
Geo

Old 11-30-19, 07:21 AM
S
Ok. Then I'll check by Wal-Mart and Lowe's and see what they got.

Old 12-01-19, 03:23 AM
A
Received 163 Upvotes on 136 Posts
Shawn R: Also as a heads up. Since this is an older mobile home be aware that when you remove the old fixtures from the ceiling box there more than likely will be many wires in the box. Watch carefully as to how the old fixture is wired and take clear pictures before you remove the wires from the old fixture.

Most times when the mobile homes were wired the ceiling boxes were over crowed with wires/conductors as that is where they made their runs to the receptacles in the room.

Old 12-03-19, 07:43 PM
S
Yep. In this mobile home, there are two neutral white wires, one hot black, and one ground in the boxes in the two bedrooms. Like you said, they really packed those wires in there. After connecting them with the wire nuts, I took it a step further and wrapped the connections with electrical tape starting at the nut and ending about an inch on the wires. Installation was easy. Thanks for the feedback.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: