Pendant fixtures have different levels of brightness

Old 01-11-23, 02:35 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pendant fixtures have different levels of brightness

So I installed new pendants today and once all was said and done, I turned on the lights and one was brighter than the other. I thought that maybe it was the bulb, so I switched out the bulb and then the brightness level switched from one pendant to the other so it's not the bulb. Any idea what would cause this? Thanks in advance!

Old 01-11-23, 03:14 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

so I switched out the bulb and then the brightness level switched from one pendant to the other so it's not the bulb
If you switched bulbs between fixtures and the brightness level also switched.... it's the bulbs.
What bulbs are you using ?

Old 01-11-23, 04:11 PM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
For clarification...the same bulb in a different fixture dimmed the same way?

Old 01-12-23, 04:53 AM
B
Received 293 Upvotes on 260 Posts
Clarification not necessary. Brightness level moved with the bulb. The problem is solved. Interpretation is a different issue.

CircuitBreaker voted this post useful.
Old 01-12-23, 05:03 AM
You're correct, interpretation is what counts.
"I thought that maybe it was the bulb, so I switched out the bulb and then the brightness level switched from one pendant to the other so it's not the bulb."
Did the OP not say this?

Old 01-12-23, 05:49 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
Even if I have bulbs already I will often go buy a pack of bulbs bigger than I need. For example, if you have three pendants buy a four pack. That way all the bulbs in the fixtures are identical. Same wattage, same color temperature...

I buy more than needed because no matter how long they say LED's last, one will probably die within a few years. Then you have a replacement on hand that will match the others. I write on the bulb's box what fixtures those bulbs are for. Or, you can use a Sharpie and make a mark on the base of all the bulbs (including the spares), like a letter "A" or something. Then in the future when you want to find the identical replacement go into your stash and look for the spare bulb with an "A" on it.

Old 01-12-23, 06:26 AM
I have never noticed a brightness difference with LED bulbs of the same lumins level. But I have noticed color differences.

CircuitBreaker voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: